Sunday, November 23, 2008

Commercials

As anyone else noticed lately that the commercials have been getting worse and worse. We have a DVR so I record most of my shows and watch them when I have time and then I can fast forward through the commercials. But because I have been sick and at home I have been watching a lot more TV. So many of the commercials have sexual undertones to them. Most of them I find really offensive. Its sad when you avoid certain shows or channels because you know what is on there but when its just a commercial and you don't know when it is going to be on its hard to avoid. We watch mostly sports especially right now with college football, NFL, and basketball all on leaving the tv off is not an option with my husband. We have really been trying to protect ourselves lately and have been a lot more conscious of what we are watching. We will not watch movies rated R because we know we don't want to see what is in those movies. We recently watched Fireproof, that was one of the best Christian movies I have ever seen. I highly recommend that to everyone.
Has anyone else noticed that the commercials are not clean anymore?
What do you do to protect your family, leave the tv off?

No comments: