Friday, October 10, 2008

30 days of nothing challenge

Yesterday we had to replace the brakes on my husbands truck. They rapidly declined over a few days time. It cost $250.00 to replace both the front and back, which really is not bad at all. I am so grateful that we have extra money this month because we have been saving and not going out to eat. If we had not been doing this 30 days of nothing challenge I'm not sure we would have had the money. We also had an unexpected payment of almost $500 for car insurance. Overall I feel like we are still doing really good with this challenge.

The one thing that I have been really wanting is to go out to eat. I did slip this morning and stopped at McDonald's for breakfast, I only spent $2.69 and I won a free breakfast sandwich with the monopoly game. It hasn't bothered me to limit grocery shopping or to stay out of department stores yet. There are a couple things that I feel like I need, but I'm going to ask for them for Christmas from my family. I figure I have went this long without them I can wait a few more months.

I have $125.00 left in my grocery budget. There are a few things on my list so far but nothing that I can't live without for a few more days. I'm hoping I can wait until next weekend to go shopping. My husband really wants some banana nut bread and my bananas are about to turn so I may have to go pick up some nuts. I feel like we are doing really well so far with this challenge. I'm happy with our progress.

No comments: