Thursday, February 19, 2009

Godly Wife

I have been thinking a lot about being a Godly wife lately. I read this post which explains it very well. I want to make sure that I am fulfilling my responsibility not only to my husband but to God as well. My husband and I have talked about this subject many times. I sometimes feel like I should be doing more than I am in the home, but it is not always possible to get everything done that you would like when you work outside of the home too.

We sat down and made a list together of the things that he would like to see done. I have been trying to work on the things that would please him and feel like I've been getting nowhere. After reading the post and doing some Bible study regarding this I realized that I am trying to work on this area myself. I have not been giving this to God to ask him for his help. You cannot be a Godly wife without Gods help.

If this is something that you have been struggling with yourself, I would encourage you to take it to God and also find out what is important to your husband. Something that you think is important to him may not be and you may beat yourself up trying to do something that doesn't mean anything to him. I have done this and its very frustrating. The things that I am working on are: Keeping the house clean, and putting the laundry away. One thing that I want done is the dished to be done every night. This doesn't matter as much to him, but it does to me, so usually if I don't get to the dishes he doesn't care too much and if I'm busy I try to get to the things that matter to him. Am I perfect? No way, but I do my best.

No comments: