Friday, January 23, 2009

Fat Burning Friday 1/23/09

This week the topic in the Faithfully Fit book was Point of view. One of the devotions that hit me was to see ourselves from Gods point of view. He created us, we are created like him, in his image so no matter what we look like on the outside, we are beautiful to him. I keep having to remind myself of this. And that got me thinking, we are his temple here on earth. I don't want to represent him poorly because I constantly overeat and make the wrong choices. I have been trying to remind myself of that too. I want to be the best that I can for Him. The book also points out that the person who is completely and totally obsessed with counting calories and dieting is not fun to be around. This starts a cycle of loneliness so they turn to food to fill the void. I do not want to be that person. I desperately want to change my life, and eat right, but I want it to become second nature so that I'm not constantly thinking about it and talking about it.

This week I am proud to say that I worked out 2 days. I did not lose weight, but I am just so happy I finally went back to the gym. I hope that I can keep this up and then I will see the weight come off. I decided that on the days I work out I will eat 1300 calories. On the days that I don't work out 1200. So far I have not stuck to that calorie intake on any day. So my goals for next week are:
  1. Work out every day
  2. Eat healthier choices, more fresh fruit and veggies

For more Fat Burning Friday, check out MommySnacks

1 comment:

MarciaBrady said...

Hi Sally!

You are doing better than me in the working out department. I didn't really devote any time to that last week. I know if I did, the weight would start to come off even more.

I think your goals are great. I need to make working out for sure, one of my goals for next week.

Good Luck!! And, thanks for stopping by my blog today! I'll be back.