Monday, October 13, 2008

Luke 9:57-10:2

Our sermon Sunday morning was in Luke. We are starting to talk about Missions at our church. For the next 4 weeks we will have missionaries come in and tell us about where they are called to go. I enjoy listening to them and I am in awe at what they are giving up to follow God.

One of the things that stuck out to me was in Luke 9:62. It says "And Jesus said unto him, no man, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God." What hit me was that he is saying you need to do his work wholeheartily. You cannot begin his work and look at what others are doing. You need to put yourself into his work fully, you cannot look back. Everyone in this passage had an excuse why they could not follow him right now. One wanted to bury his father, in the pastors study he found that his father had not died yet.

It really spoke to me because my husband and I have recently taken over a Wednesday night children's program. We love it, we love the children that come every week. Since we have taken this over I have really gotten a lot better in my daily walk with God. I feel like the children look up to me as an example and I need to strive to be the best example I can to them.

I want to be fit for the kingdom of God, not make an excuse when I am called to do something.

No comments: