Friday, February 27, 2009

Protest


I just read this story it caught my attention because this was my High School. It is a fairly large high school. The Westboro Baptist Church out of Topeka, KS is planning on doing a protest at the high school on Monday, March 2. I no longer live in Moore but the school is going to release the kids 15 mins early so hopefully the protesters won't be there yet.
This group has done a lot of protests, even at military funerals. I know that one of their big issues is homosexuality. While I don't agree with that lifestyle, protesting at a high school does not seem like it would help anything. I have seen other protests they have done at funerals and they yell and scream, most high school students are going to yell back or worse. It really does not make any sense to me to protest at a high school, unless they just want the media attention, which they will get I'm sure.
The proper way to show Gods love is with kindness. No one can convince me that if God were today he would go protest at different places to show his love. I am not sure what this group believes, but it is radically different from my christian beliefs.
Please keep these kids in your prayers. They will definitely need it.

1 comment:

Becky Avella said...

I will be praying today. This group came to my college and it was horrible. I was shocked at their anger and hatred. I'll pray that somehow God's love to shine through brighter than their ugliness.

I hope things are going well for you!