Friday, January 2, 2009

New years goals

My goals for this year:

1. Post more regularly on here

I started this blog in 2008, I love the accountability that it gives me. I originally started it so that I could post my shopping trips, and share the ways that I am saving money on groceries. I get so excited when I am able to save money and I love to share with others who are doing the same thing.

2. Post the sales of a local store

I recently discovered a store here in my area called Homeland. They are the only store around here that doubles coupons. I am still learning how all this works with double coupons, but I'm excited to learn. I tried to look up to see if other blogs detail their sales and I couldn't find any so I am going to.

3. Lose 50 more pounds

I discovered climb of fitness in October, and took part with Becky on a weight loss journey through a book called Faithfully Fit. I really enjoyed reading it but I wasn't able to finish it. I am going to start again and post updates weekly.

4. Gain an understanding of budgets

I have always written down a budget, and it always looks good on paper, but for some reason I can't seem to get it from paper into reality. This is one I need a lot of work on, because I don't know what I'm doing wrong, usually we blow the budget by eating out way too much, but my husband and I have very little willpower when it comes to money. We need to learn to live like we have no money.

5. Pay off debt, Save money

After I figure out how to stick with a budget I want to tackle some of our debt. I have gotten a lot of doctor and hospital bills recently and I really want to have a baby this year (God willing) I don't want to have a ton of debt when I do. I would love to be a stay at home mom so I need money in savings so I will feel better about quitting my job.

6. Go back to school in August

This is one that will definitely happen. I want to get my masters degree in education so that I can be a school teacher. I am very excited about doing this but there is a lot I need to do in order to be able to get enrolled. But it is definitely a priority right now.

7. Be a better Christian

I need to read my bible a little more regularly than I do, and I need to have a better prayer life. There is always room for improvement.

No comments: