Monday, October 20, 2008

Book Club

I thought that I would start this out by writing about my past experiences with food and dieting. I began thinking about my weight when I was in junior high. I struggled with anorexia until I graduated high school. My mom worked nights so I would make dinner, and take a bite or two and put it away for her. usually that bite or two was the only food I ate during the day, sometimes I might eat a bag of pretzels for lunch if I was really hungry. When I went away to college, I still didn't eat much but I ate late at night while studying and quit working out as much as I did during high school. I started gaining weight. When I graduated high school I weighed about 105 at 5'0. I thought I was fat. I gained about 15 lbs in one semester, but I was at a normal weight for once in my life and I hated it. Shortly after I started getting sick and the only way to make myself feel better was to eat. I eventually went to the doctor for it and was diagnosed with hypoglycemia. Which means I have a lack of protein and since I am a vegetarian its harder for me to eat the right amount of protein. I have a weakness for sweets and junk food which makes my condition worse so I have to eat more protein.

Lately I have had no motivation to go to the gym or eat right. I prayed about it and God showed me that I would get all those things that I desire if I seek him first, then he will give me the motivation I need. When I ran across Becky's blog I realized that this is perfect for me

My "diet" will be to eat right and work out. I want to begin by walking at least 30 mins everyday. I will also count calories to make sure I am not overeating. I found this calculator it shows you how many calories you should eat to maintain your weight, or how many to lose 1 lb or 2 lbs a week.

Check out Becky's blog if interested in joining in this journey.

1 comment:

Becky Avella said...

Thanks for sharing, Sally. I'm so glad you are doing this with me. I'm looking forward to seeing what God is going to show us each individually as we read through this book and let Him work in this area of our lives.

Love,
Becky